Fundraising expeditions or world record-breaking attempts? Brilliant. We work closely with expedition organisers to tailor our therapy support to the expedition’s needs and budget. We will recruit staff who understand the needs of longer expeditions and who can fit in to the wider expedition team; you need a can-do approach on the team and our therapists love to get stuck in. They don’t mind carrying luggage and making cups of tea as well as assessing injuries and keeping your expedition on track.
Whether you need a therapist or therapy team to join the whole expedition, or to simply meet the team in specific locations, we’ll create a completely tailored support solution to help you meet your goals.GET A QUOTE
Le Loop (The William Wates Trust)
- 3-week cycling event which follows the same route as Tour de France every year
- 4 Physiotherapists and 4 Sports Massage Therapists recruited
- 1st team of 4 work 10-12 days
- 2nd team of 4 work the rest of the event
- Therapists work and travel with the event team and are involved in event work as well as providing therapeutic support
The Home Expedition
- 5-month running event; 4 runners running the Silk Route
- One Physiotherapist recruited to support the running team for full 5 months; he travelled and worked with the team for the whole journey
London to Amsterdam Cycle
- 2-day fundraising cycle
- 2 Sports Therapists recruited
- Both therapists travelled with the team and stopped at feed stations on the route to look after the riders throughout the 2 days of the event
I would recommend Athletes’ Angels without hesitation to anyone who is considering using them for their events. I have worked with them for many years and have always thought of them as magnificent in every way. In every event there are always going to be around 20 – 30% of participants who will only manage it if they have the right support, encouragement and treatment. For those people, Athletes’ Angels are worth far more than I can explain in words.
Stephen was a crucial part of the team. A very solid character, dependable and clearly an excellent physio. He gained the trust of the runners very early on with his professionalism and manner. From my point of view as a leader, he was an ideal team-mate. I could feel confident leaving him in control on the road while I was dealing with other things. He dealt with some unfortunate events very calmly and his broader medical knowledge was extremely useful. I would recommend him to any expedition that requires a dedicated physiotherapist.
Athletes’ Angels played a crucial role in helping me achieve my goal to cycle around the world. The physio who met up with me across Europe looked after my physical needs and conditioned my musculoskeletal system perfectly for such an enormous challenge. I highly recommend having Athletes’ Angels to anyone undertaking this kind of endurance attempt – a healthy body is the key to completing such a physically demanding challenge.